Rave's blog

... snapshots of my life...

Subscribe
Thursday, April 09, 2009

Ipswich, Constable country and Felixstowe

Posted by Rave


It was in February that I went to these places. Mom was here in UK, staying with her friend near Ipswich. So I went south for the weekend.
Ipswich is a quite city, with loads to do, and a beautiful harbor "Marina".
The city center is one of the most un-crowded city centers I've seen in the UK.













The Next morning we took a bus to Felixstowe, a port and a very long walk along the beach. Surprisingly for a port the water was not dirty at all. I spent a couple of hours walking along the beach and taking pictures. Lucky for me the weather was amazing.









































The next day we went to Constable country, 30 mins drive from Ipswich.

"I should paint my own places best"

John Constable (11 June 1776 – 31 March 1837) was an English Romantic painter. Born in Sufflok, he is known principally for his landscape paintings of Dedham Vale, the area surrounding his home - now known as "Constable country".



Constable's The Hay Wain of 1821






I was there in winter, imagine this place in Spring or Autumn. Amazing...






























Willow trees, flowing water, miles of green land, and a beautiful walk along the river.

















Now I realize I should have made a separate blog just for Constable country. You have to see it to believe it. The beauty of this place is breathtaking.




Later the same day we went of to Harwich (the other side of the Felixstowe port), a place where 2 rivers Stour and Orwell meet to form a part of the North sea.














I would surely visit these place again in Spring or Autumn...someday...

0 comments: